About me...

My name is Peyton Ivey and I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama. I am currently majoring in Mathematics and Secondary Education. I have lived in Mobile for my entire life where I attended Faith Academy from my elementary and high school years. I believe that a child's education experience highly depends on their teacher.
Before my seventh grade year, I hated math. However, during this year, I had a wonderful math teacher who knew how to hold the attention of his students. From that point on, I learned the importance of math both in my education world and the real world. I would have never understood this if I would not have had such a good teacher.
My goal is to bring an understanding of Mathematics to all students in order for them to be better prepared for their future.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teacher/Student Relationship

One of the most important aspects of a child's education experience is their relationship with their teachers. I believe that a teacher should make his/her students feel at ease in the classroom while still maintaining a sense of authority. I want my future students to feel open to come to me at any time and ask me questions, discuss their concerns on the course, and not feel like I would judge them in any way. This will ease the stress of going through school and make the students feel more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment